Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Imagine that

I recently heard a riddle about an item that you carry around with you everywhere and can never get left behind. You might be wondering what the item is well… it’s your thoughts. I used to think that a person is limited by themselves but discovered that you are limited by your imagination.

Each day we have millions of thoughts that rush through our minds -ideas, worries maybe even the simple thought of having to face another day. As children we enjoyed the adventures we conjured up in our imagination like the make believe tea we drank at our tea parties when there wasn’t even a drop of water in the cup or the imaginary friend we played with and placed the blame on when something went wrong.

I think as we grow up we loose our ability to imagine, to dream big things and imagine the unimaginable. We all have a super hero power - it’s just locked up in our imagination. Your imagination can take you anywhere, you just have to think it up and picture it in your mind. Right now I’m laying in a field of daisy staring at the different shapes I see in the clouds when literally I’m sitting in front of my computer screen at home doing anything but that. When last did you take a moment to think, dream and imagine. Imagine what you can think of, if you just took the time to use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment